This is a hands-on, remote, contract, Magento programming position. You’ll be working on eCommerce platforms and CMSes like Magento, Shopify and WordPress. The core technologies you’ll be working with are PHP, HTML, CSS, and JS.
Our projects are generally focused around making large, material changes to our clients’ sites or designing and developing new sites from the ground up. We are heavily data-driven and provide robust tracking and reporting capabilities for our clients’ initiatives.
We have quite a bit of work booked for the next few months, so an ideal applicant will be ready to hit the ground running. Despite the amount of work we have, I strive to minimize context switchingif you’re on a project, you shouldn’t expect to be bombarded with unrelated tweaks on other projects here and there.
BranchLabs is a rapidly growing eCommerce consultancy based in the LoHi neighborhood of Denver, CO.
Our reputation is built on delivering results. We take pride in the work we produce. The products we deliver are high quality inside and out, and they help our clients capitalize on real opportunities. We work closely with founders and stakeholders, combining their understanding of their business with our understanding of all things eCommerce. Together, we craft solutions that work for our clients and their customers.
When you start, this is what you can expect to work on.
- Full Magento site development
- Design architecture, then implement features for existing Magento stores
- Implement designs in CSS/HTML/JS
- Configure Magento-related middleware services, Redis, Memcached, Varnish, Solr, etc.
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs
These are the must haves. Basically: be a Magento developer!
- 35+ years of industry experience
- Hands-on programming experience with Magento
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, and JS
- Git experience
- Understand the webREST, HTTP verbs, basic HTTP status codes, etc.
- Familiarity with the Unix command line
If you fulfill the above *and* have experience with a few of the below, definitely get in touch.
- Hands-on programming experience with Shopify
- Enterprise software development
- Strong UX/UI chops
- Deep understanding building complex database queries, particularly MySQL
- Experience setting up and configuring Apache
- Opinionated about designvisual and code
- A portfolio of personal projects (not necessarily code related)
Some Notes on Culture
Here are some of our values. They’re always being refined based on what works and what doesn’t.
- We value clear, concise communication.
- Quality can only be discerned in the context of an objective.
- Provide context and motivation for each task to empower developers to find better solutions.
- Automate repeatable processes to free up time for interesting problems.
- No process for process’ sake. No meetings for meetings’ sake.
- Build or use tools to provide predictability and eliminate boring work.
- Programmer productivity is hugely dependent on a minimally distracting, supportive environment.